Volunteers… the heart of our school.
If you have some time that you can donate to our school, your assistance is greatly appreciated by staff and students.
Volunteer opportunities at R.H. Murray are almost limitless. Whether it’s a one-time event, like supervising a class trip, or an ongoing commitment, like coaching a school basketball team, we have a role for just about everyone.
As a school volunteer, you can…
- Become a classroom helper
- Help out in the library
- Listen to students read
- Mentor or tutor students
- Supervise or judge school fairs
- Coach or assist with school sports
- Organize or participate in school fundraising activities
- Help the school recruit volunteers
- Plan or chaperone field trips
- Help prepare hot dogs on Wednesdays
- Start a school club or an athletic team
- Sew costumes or build and paint sets for Christmas concert
- Present your trade, career or profession to a group of students
- Help school administrators prepare grant proposals to enhance the school community
- Join School Council
By becoming a school volunteer you will:
- Be an important partner in education
- Be a valued member of the school and school board community
- Model the importance of school involvement
- Make a difference in your Rainbow school community
- Build self-esteem and self-confidence
- Gain work experience and develop new skills
- Stay active
- Have fun!
As per the Rainbow District School Board policy, all volunteers who work with children must have a recent police check. Please don’t let this requirement deter you. Ensuring your children’s safety is always a priority.
Please contact the main office, the principal or your child’s teacher if you would like to volunteer.
Thank you for making a difference.