Our school community believes that a dress appearance code based on modesty, civility and health and safety sets a tone conducive to learning as well as being acceptable within the broader community, all within the discretion of the principal. Students are expected to present themselves appropriately for a place of learning. They are also expected to learn appearance and dress standards suitable at institutes of higher learning as well as in the work place.
1. Students will dress in an appropriate manner for school and school activities:
- baseball caps/hats, bandanas (at the discretion of the teacher) hoods or other head coverings are not to be worn in school except for religious or ethnic reasons and customs
- shorts will be at least fingertip length
- no t-shirts, hats or clothing with inappropriate logos, illustrations or wording
- outside coats, boots, hats, etc., not to be worn inside (especially in the winter season)
- tank tops with narrow straps, halter tops and muscle shirts are not appropriate as well as tops that do not cover the midriff.
- any clothing that may hamper classroom activities is prohibited (e.g., gloves worn inside)
- hats are to be removed when entering the school
- inside footwear is to be worn at all times (no flip-flops)
2. Students will dress appropriately for the activity:
Gym clothing will include shorts or sweat pants, a t-shirt, gym shoes with non-marking soles
3. Footwear is to be worn at all times. Pupils are encouraged to have a pair of shoes specifically for inside use (gym shoes are acceptable)
4. In the interest of safety, no visible body piercing jewelry is to be worn during physical education (at the discretion of the teacher/principal)